Terms and Conditions
According to the Code of Obligations (Official Gazette of the Republic Slovenia no. 97/07), Consumer Protection Act (Official Gazette of the Republic Slovenia no. 98/04, 114/06, 126/07, 86/09, 78/11 and 38/14), Personal Data Protection Act (Official Gazette of the Republic Slovenia no. 94/07) and in line with the Directive on electronic commerce (2000/31/EC) and Directive on Consumer Rights (2011/83/EC), Abelium d.o.o., Leskoškova cesta 9E, SI-1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia, declares these GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS for the 8th European Congress of Mathematics website (8ecm.si) and its online registration & payment process.
Article 1 - Congress Organizers
- University of Primorska
- Faculty of Mathematics, Natural Sciences and Information Technologies – UP FAMNIT
- Glagoljaška 8
- SI-6000 Koper
in collaboration with
- UL FMF - University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Jadranska ulica 19, SI-1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
- UM FNM - University of Maribor, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, Koroška cesta 160, SI-2000 Maribor, Slovenia
- Institute of Mathematics, Physics and Mechanics - IMFM, Jadranska ulica 19, SI-1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Society of Mathematicians, Physicists and Astronomers - DMFA, Jadranska ulica 19, SI-1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
- The Slovenian Discrete and Applied Mathematics Society - SDAMS, Kettejeva 1, SI-6000 Koper, Slovenia, and
- Abelium d.o.o., Leskoškova cesta 9E, SI-1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia.
All inquiries regarding the organization should be sent directly to the congress e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Article 2 - ICT service provider
Abelium d.o.o. is a co-organizer responsible for the implementation and support of the information communication technology (website, payment support, back office services, etc.). Abelium d.o.o. is also the owner of the website 8ecm.si.
- Abelium d.o.o.
- Leskoškova cesta 9E
- SI-1000 Ljubljana
- ID number: 3557952000
- Registered at: AJPES - Agency of the Republic of Slovenia for Public Legal Records and Related Services
- VAT number: SI65141326
- Email: info(at)abelium.eu
- Website: http://www.abelium.eu
All inquiries regarding the payment process should be sent to the above email address.
Article 3 - Contractual Partners
By registering for the congress and accepting these Terms and Conditions you are entering into contract with Abelium d.o.o., acting as the ICT service provider and the owner of the congress web site and UP FAMNIT as the main Organizer of the congress.
The contract includes the services in the following article and lasts until the conclusion of the congress.
Article 4 - Services Offered
By registering and paying the registration fee you are entitled to attend the congress, including:
- Participation in all scientific sessions
- Congress bag with all congress materials
- Access to the exhibition areas
- Access to the Welcome Reception, Opening Ceremony and Closing Ceremony
- Coffee breaks throughout the Congress
Article 5 - Payment process
Participants can pay the registration fee through their personalized page. They can access this page by using a link included in their registration confirmation email. The registration fee differs with regard to the date of payment (e.g. early or late registration) and the status of the customer (e.g. reduced student fee). If the participant pays the wrong amount of registration fee, the Organizer can deny the participant attendance at the congress until the correct amount is paid in full.
Participants can choose between two methods of payment:
- Bank transfer, using the information provided on the payment page. The payment is confirmed after the correct amount is received on the account stated on payment page.
- Credit card payment. For the credit card data entry, the customer is redirected to a secure server of the payment processing bank. Payment can be made with the following credit or debit cards: VISA, VISA Electron, MASTERCARD and MAESTRO. The participant’s credit card will be debited right after a successful competition of the payment process.
Participant agrees to receive invoices for their payments referring to 8ECM in electronic form.
Participant will receive the payment receipt by email in 48 hours after the confirmation of payment and must bring it to the congress venue as a proof of payment. The payment invoice will be presented to the customer after the Congress.
Article 6 - Currency and prices
Currency of all fees as well as the currency in which all payments must be made is European euro (EUR). All prices that are stated on this website are final and include VAT (Value Added Tax). Participant must pay this exact amount, except if paying in other currency. In this case participant’s bank is responsible for the transaction, it may convert the funds to European euro which may result in additional costs for the participant.
Article 7 - Payment cancellation
We understand that cancellations are sometimes necessary.
(Updated on March 5, 2021)
Due to the worldwide epidemic of COVID – 19, and subsequently moving all lectures on-line, a new refund policy is in effect from February 23, 2021, stating additional clauses for cancellations and refunds.
Delegates may receive a partial refund for cancellation, in the amount of 120 €*, according to the defined rules**. Participation fees for accompanying persons will be fully refunded (100%) ***.
Eligible participants can write to email@example.com with a request for a partial refund and proof of their status no later than March 31, 2021.
By requesting a refund under these Terms & Conditions, you are forgoing participation at the 8ECM.
New Terms & Conditions were determined in agreement with the European Mathematical Society.
*An amount of 120 € minus an additional 40 EUR administrative charge will be issued to the same account the payment has been issued from, or in case of credit card payments, to a bank account, with information additionally provided by the delegate on a Refund Form (any bank charges will also be deducted from the refund).
** Participants that are eligible for a partial refund in the amount of 120 €, are: economically disadvantaged groups (retired, students, unemployed); nationals of least developed countries, as defined by the UN list of least developed countries, on the condition that they are affiliated to an institution from said countries in their 8ECM registration profile; researchers who had their registration covered from grants and are required to recompense due to the grant tender rules; researchers who have suffered a cut in their research funding due to the epidemic. Participants need to provide proof of their eligibility.
***A corresponding amount will be issued to the same account the payment has been issued from, or in case of credit card payments, to a bank account, with information additionally provided by the delegate on a Refund Form (any bank charges will also be deducted from the refund). No administrative fees will be charged.
(Updated on May 7, 2020) Due to the worldwide epidemic of COVID – 19 a new refund policy is in effect from May 6, 2020, stating additional clauses for cancellations and refunds.
Delegates may receive a refund for cancellation, the amount depends on the cancellation date:
- Cancellation requests made from May 6, 2020 to June 1, 2020 – 100% of registration fee is refunded, due to the worldwide epidemic of COVID - 19.
- Cancellation requests made from June 2, 2020 to January 1, 2021 – 30% of registration fee is refunded.
Request for refund to change the type of participation:
- From Regular Registration to Passive E-participation for main talks made by January 1, 2020 – difference in the registration fees is refunded. ****
- From Regular Registration to Passive Full E-participation made by January 1, 2021 – difference in the registration fees is refunded. ****
- From Regular Registration to Active Full E-participation no registration fee is refunded.
No refunds will be granted after January 1, 2021.
**** A corresponding amount minus an additional 40 EUR administrative charge will be issued to the same account the payment has been issued from (any bank charges will also be deducted from the refund).
If you have to cancel your participation and would like to be refunded, please send by e-mail a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org before June 1, 2020, 23:59 (GMT+1).
Refunds will be paid in Euros. Your email should include all the data regarding the payment with the receipt attached.
8ECM will not be responsible for any losses, including (but not limited to) airline cancellation charges or hotel deposits.
By registering for the 8ECM you agree with the cancellation policy.
The participant authorizes and permits the Payment service provider and the Organizer to collect, archive, use and share personal data of the participant in line with the valid regulations concerning the personal data protection. The data provided by the participant will NOT be transferred to third parties and will be used only for the purpose of conducting the congress (e.g. for email notifications, creating the congress schedule and Book of Abstracts, for registration confirmations, etc.).
Specifically, the credit card data will be securely transferred and saved by the bank which processes the credit card payments and will NOT be accessible by the Payment service provider or the Organizer.
Article 9 - Final provisions
The contractual parties hereby agree that all matters arising from this Terms and Conditions shall be resolved by mutual agreement. The parties agree to the jurisdiction of the court in Ljubljana, Slovenia, the law of choice is Slovenian law.
The Payment service provider reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time.
These Terms and Conditions come into force on the day following their publication on the 8ecm.si website.